Monday 20 April 2015

Prinny gets hit by the magpie......

So the plan for me was to paint up my Skorne and get into warmahordes finally....

The plan was:

1. Start with a warcaster to try out the paint scheme.


Check

2.  Purchase All-in-One Skorne army box with a third warcaster because...well, a guy on a rhino is super fun.


Sitting at home safe and sound so.... Check


3.  Assemble and paint all purchased figures.


Well this guy is from the box so....YAY?
4.  Start to play games and then buy yet more figures to get two 50 point lists that I am happy with.

I will get to this stage... no really I will.....

As you may be able to tell things have not gone 100% to the plan. After playing McBeth I remembered just how much I enjoy playing Impetus.

On May 23 I will be running a one day Impetus competition LINKY so I have been looking at different army books to see what interesting armies are out there, which gets me back to my GW days......

Many years ago I had a Bretonnian army, which was full of cheesy goodness as all fantasy armies should be and Extra Impetus 5 has lots of fun feudal armies to play.

After looking at the lists I have decided to go with an Early Feudal English list which will comprise of the following:

Average Command
3 x Re-Rolls [Trust me I need these]
8 x Exploration Points [Roll 2D6 and add these at the start of the battle, whoever rolls the highest gets to decide terrain, so no nasty forests on this table thank you very much!]

Fair General
4 x CP Feudal Knights
1 x CP Sergents
1 x CL Mounted Crossbowmen or Welsh Cav

Fair General
1 x Large unit of FP Merc Foot VBU 5
2 x Large unit of FP Foot Sergents
1 x T Merc Crossbowmen VBU 4 with Pavese
1 x T English Archers
1 x S Irish Foot

So I have two boxes of the Fireforge Games Knight Templar and Foot Sergents on the way to me from Wayland Games..... hopefully they will be quicker than when McZermof ordered his :)

But I did have some Perry Miniature plastics in my box of bits so I have painted up the stand of Merc Crossbowmen..... do not look too hard at the clothing, they are peasants, it will be fine.




Well another bumbling post, chat to you next week.


Prinny





6 comments:

  1. BRING IT YA BLOODY SASSANACH!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And Mighty Ape are stocking Perry plastics.......

    1415, Agincourt?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've got a ton foundry medieval troops... that just need repurposing from WAB days... never played Impetus though...

    ReplyDelete
  4. No worries Scott, neither have I. ... yet! :-) medieval Welsh lists are calling :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well after the games today I am not sure I play Impetus either :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. MCBETH: DESTROYER OF GAMING DREAMS THROUGH UNNATURALLY LUCKY DICE AND CAPS LOCK!

    ReplyDelete