Wednesday 29 April 2015

So now what do I do??

Having spent the last couple of months working almost exclusively on 54mm New Zealanders and Turks as part of a Gallipoli diorama that forms part of a World War One commemoration exhibition being staged here in Wellington it has been a welcome change this last week to spend some time painting in 15mm.

....a side note. The diorama project was, in it's own way, the genesis of this blog as we sat in Pelarel's garage of an evening (drinking whiskey and painting) talking about how that, between the seven of us, we probably had enough material to write a blog of sorts that people might actually read for some reason or another.

Anyway, I digress. Without further ado, I present some Paracadutisti, who have had a wee tidy up and their newly painted supporting Fallschirmjager and Heer allies.

Paracadutisti Platoons and Command

Paracadutisti HMGs and Fallschirmjager Light Guns

Some of the Heer Brummars and Fallschirmjager Artillery

The camo patterns won't show up much at this scale, especially not with phone pictures but I can say that I didn't spend too much effort trying to paint splinter camo on those FJs. There is a hint of tan and green that breaks up the beige uniform tunics but mostly I've relied on different helmets and the odd tunic in Field Grey or Luftwaffe uniform to break up the monotony, especially compared to the surprisingly uniform Italians.

It's been a nice change of pace and scale to go back to something that gives a pleasing result so easily and, perhaps if I am so inclined, I'll go back and paint up a couple more guns and maybe a platoon of actual Fallschirmjager to make the army a standalone force in the not too distant future. Thanks to Tank Engine for fishing out the box of stripped back FJs for me to get to work on.

In the meantime though, my Byzantines have arrived from faraway shores and with our Impetus competition less than a month away, I need to get cracking, especially as a couple of them are going to require a bit of reposing.

3 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see those FJ in the flesh :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bring on the Panzershreck madness!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Painting, in a garage, with whiskey... soumds like my kinda garage! ;-)

    ReplyDelete