Sunday 7 February 2021

Pooch's January progress

Well, terrifyingly, a month of the year has already gone. January was a busy one for me work wise, and February is going to be so, so much worse. But still, how did I go with my goals? 

1. Finish a table of terrain

Hold onto your hats team, I have finished.... some trees.

For the bargain price of a couple of dollars for a pack of 3 from a local shop, I have now gotten a bunch of these trees. The set I painted last year I put a coat of green spraypaint on, these ones I just left in the bright green. I don't mind em, I think they add some cool colour mixes for a forest.

That's right. My first picture of the year is six trees.....

And I'm doubling down for my second pic! Dark green are the ones I used spraypaint on.

So... not a table, but some progress. That might actually be the easier way to do this goal, making sure to do a piece of terrain each month!

2. Play a game a month

Not one, but TWO games this month! I played a game of Battaile Empire with McB (French defeated his dastardly Austrians in a learning game), and my Legio Astorum was no match for the rampaging Titans of McZ and Scotty (which you saw some pics of already!)

It's about this time that the withering French defense broke the attacking Austrians....


3. Finish a 1,500 point 40k army

Alrighty, so we have made a start here too!

The army I am slow growing is an Adeptus Sororitas army, from the Order of the Sacred Rose. Which means white.

Lots of white.

In talking with some of the other nerds as I was doing my planning on this, one of the others was pointing out just how good an effect you can get with an airbrush. I have wanted to buy an airbrush and add it in to my modelling repertoire, but had never managed to invest in, either time or $$.

And so, like the fool I am, I decided that this army was the time and place to do it! I haven't bought my own airbrush yet, but Pelarel was kind enough to lend me his, and give me the airbrushing 101 course for the white armour.

Then, with the additional colours done, I also decided to do an edge highlight of white, just to make them really pop.

The finishing touch was some of the Gamer Grass pre-made bases, albeit with some extra flowers.

First 3 done, a Cherub, Palatine and Sister Superior

I painted their backs too, quite happy with the cherub's wings!

Faces can do with some improvement, but I'll get there!

The Palatine was converted from the limited edition Sister Amalia Novena model, but with a bolter swapped for a plasma pistol, a sword and a halo from other Sisters' kits. I copied the equipment of the one which was shown in the Games Workshop teaser video, so I know it'll be legal, whenever I am allowed to start using her!

Next month? The rest of the first Sisters squad.

4. Finish armies that I have part started

No progress on this one, couldn't quite motivate myself to make a start on the piles of shame!

5. Buy, build and play a new game

In my defense, someone else did this one to me. The other nerds had been talking about legion, and I had made more than a few positive indications towards creating a droid army (roger roger!) and so Scotty bought a starter and sent the droids my way.

General Grievous looking awesome

Droideka! In attack mode and wheel mode

And two squads of ever useful B1 Battle Droids

See? Totally not my fault!


I mean, the fact that I then bought Darth Maul.

Such a cool set of models!

Attempting to show off the face tattoos I painted....

And STAP riders.

Also known as "robotic pogo sticks"

And made a Jango Fett.

Made from a 3d print from Skullforge!

It's all totally unrelated....


Progress on four of the objectives.... the eye is pleased...

Pooch

No comments:

Post a Comment