Monday 8 March 2021

Pooch's February progress

Wait, where did February go?

It promised to be the most professionally challenging one that I had ever had, and it didn't disappoint. As always, painting toy soldiers was a way for me to relax and help get my head right.

So how did I get on then?

1. Finish a table of terrain

Well, I figured that finishing one piece each month would actually be the easiest way to do this goal, so... that's what I did!

I finished up the Bell Tower from TT combat. Mostly done with spray cans, I used contrast paint to provide the stained glass look (red, because of course it's red in Frostgrave).

With Anna and Elsa for scale!

Next up? More Frostgrave terrain!

2. Play a game a month

Just the one game this month, which has already been blogged. 

3. Finish a 1,500 point 40k army

This month continues on from the start I made last month, completing my first full squad of Sisters! Equipped with a meltagun and heavy flamer, they come loaded to bear to take down the mutant, the heretic and the psyker....

The whole force so far....

Close up on the Sanctum Imperialis

Meltagun. For when you want to cook things with the power of the sun but they are too big to (or unwilling to be) put in a microwave.

And I also managed to rebase and update the Pious Vorne figure, who previously saw duty in my Krieg army to be repurposed to provide some additional faith and ferver to my Sisters!

Burning things while cutting things!

Next up? Seraphim!

4. Finish armies that I have part started

I have a particularly frustrating commission on at present, as well as wanting to do my absolute best painting on the sisters. That means that I have lots of difficult things, but no easy things to paint.

The solution then? Grab something out of the pile of shame that is super easy to give myself a break!

And lo, WW2 US is the answer, because it's tough to be more boring than Olive Drab!

I finished up four of the new plastic M8 Scotts. The new plastics are awesome, except that they only come with a single crew member for the turret. So naturally I converted up a full set of crew for each, and added some stowage to give a more "lived in" feel. Overall I am happy with them, and they definitely fit the bill for being easy!

So cute with their little snub 75mm guns....

Attempting to show off the crew, plus the pink air recognition panel

I have a bunch more WW2 US to paint, so expect to see more of these in the coming months...

5. Buy, build and play a new game

Well, less dramatic than last month, but still darn useful- a squad of B1 battle droids!

Nine B1 Battle Droids. Identical in equipment to the other two squads, but some different poses in there.

So that means I have a legal list, but probably not very good. The solution is likely more droids....

Progress on every objective? Excellent... the eye is pleased....

Pooch

No comments:

Post a Comment